Notice: Non-Profit Grant Fund application process will be posted on September 21, 2020.
Beltrami County COVID Relief Business Grants
Beltrami County announces a new grant program for small businesses called the Beltrami County COVID-19 Business Relief Fund. The funding is part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding allocated to the County through directive of Governor Walz, who released $841 million of Federal CARES Act dollars to towns, cities, and counties throughout Minnesota through Executive Order. Greater Bemidji, Inc. will be administering the grants on behalf of the County.
Small businesses may apply for grants from $1,000 to $10,000 to specifically cover expenses related to COVID-19.
GUIDELINES: Accepting applications through September 20, 2020
- Locally-owned for-profit businesses needing financial assistance for COVID-related expenses already incurred or anticipated to be incurred by November 15 2020.
- Must have a storefront or physical location.
- Must be located in Beltrami County and ownership must reside in the county.
- Be able to demonstrate that it has been directly and adversely affected by COVID-19 economic impact.
- Be current on financial obligations as of March 1, 2020.
Funds can be used for: – The grant funds must be used for COVID-19 related expenses. Such expenses may include:
- Personal protective equipment
- Social distancing equipment and/or improvements
- COVID-related signage
- Cleaning supplies
- Marketing materials/efforts due to COVID (examples: updates to website, addition of e-commerce or online ordering, or radio ads announcing re-opening).
- Expenses for paid sick and paid family and medical leave to employees to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions.
- Expenses to improve telework capabilities for employees to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions
- Other documented measures taken to adhere to the CDC guidelines for the safety of employees and customers.
How to Apply: Accepting applications through September 20, 2020.
Please complete the following: