Non-Profit Relief Fund
Beltrami County COVID-19 Non-Profit Relief Fund
Beltrami County announces a new grant program for Non-Profits called the Beltrami County COVID-19 Business Relief Fund. The funding is part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding allocated to the County through directive of Governor Walz, who released $841 million of Federal CARES Act dollars to towns, cities, and counties throughout Minnesota through Executive Order. Greater Bemidji, Inc. will be administering the grants on behalf of the County.
Grant amount will be based on the COVID- related expenses incurred to-date and expected to be incurred by November 15, 2020 with a minimum award of $1,000 and maximum award of $10,000.
GUIDELINES: Accepting applications through October 4, 2020
Eligible Non-Profits: Eligible non-profits in the first round must be 501(c)(3). Excluded are religious and public organizations and cooperatives.
Funds can be used for: – The grant funds must be used for COVID-19 related expenses. Such expenses may include:
- Expenses for safety measures undertaken in response to COVID-19 for employees and customers, such as:
- Personal protective equipment
- Social distancing equipment and/or improvements
- COVID-related signage
- Cleaning supplies
- Marketing materials/efforts due to COVID (examples: updates to website, addition of e-commerce or online ordering, or radio ads announcing re-opening).
- Expenses for paid sick and paid family and medical leave to employees to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions.
- Expenses to improve telework capabilities for employees to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions
- Other documented measures taken to adhere to the CDC guidelines for safety of employees and customers.
Applications Assessed on the Following Factors:
- Number of people served in the first half of 2019 compared to the first half of 2020. (Has the organization seen an increased need for its services?)
- What was the total funding in the first half of 2019 compared to the first half of 2020?
- Has there been a decline in funding relative to the number of people being served?
- Has the organization received any support from other COVID relief programs, including SBA Payroll Protection Program, SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, and other similar programs?
Other secondary factors considered:
- How many full-time equivalent employees do you have?
- Does your organization have a physical office or location for clients to visit?
- What area of need are you serving in the community? (Basic needs, Economic, Education, or other)
How to Apply: Accepting applications through October 4, 2020.
Please complete the following:
- 501(c)(3) documentation
- Application Form with Summary of COVID Expenses
- A signed Certification Form
- Supporting documentation of COVID-related expenses past and projected
- Ability to request further documentation or financial information, if needed
- Application and Certification Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com