Northern Township COVID Relief
Northern Township has created the Northern Township COVID Business Relief Fund. The
program is funded through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
(CARES Act) directed to be distributed to counties, cities, and township through Executive Order
of Governor Walz on June 25, 2020. Greater Bemidji, Inc. will help administer the program on
behalf of the Township. Note: Applications will be accepted through November 4, 2020.
1. Goals/Objectives –
• To provide financial assistance for businesses that are experiencing financial
hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Allocate CARES Act funding to businesses in need in compliance with Federal and
State guidelines and requirements.
2. Target: For-profit businesses located in Northern Township. Businesses must have a
physical address in the boundaries of the Township and must be registered with the
Minnesota Secretary of State or be a licensed daycare provider.
3. Size of grants: Grant amount will range from $1,000 to $10,000 based on employee
• Sole proprietor (self-employed) – up to $2,000
• 1 – 4 employees – up to $4,000
• 5 – 7 employees – up to $6,000
• 8 – 10 employees – up to $8,000
• 10 or more employees – up to $10,000
4. Application requirements: Applicants will be asked to submit the following (click links below to download each form):
• Signed Application
• Signed certification page
• Documentation to show business’s Profit and Loss Statement for the same period in
2019 and 2020. This may be internal accounting records or an accountant-prepared
• Supporting documentation of COVID-related expenses for new businesses.
• Further documentation, if needed