Impact of Proposed Redevelopment
Our Region will experience a once-in-a-lifetime economic boost, unprecedented for a community our size.
- $85M+ Mixed-use development
- $4M Yearly economic impact
- $1.5M Expected annual tax revenue
- +10,000 Hotel room nights per year
Site Assessments & Investigation Results
Over the past decade, the City of Bemidji has done extensive site testing and evaluation in the rail corridor to determine its viability as a development site. With technical support from Port Consulting out of St. Paul, MN, the city assessed the environmental, infrastructure, site preparation and marketability of the site. Ultimately, the assessment found the site can support the development of the Sanford Sports and Wellness complex, as well as additional housing and mixed use development.
- Railway Corridor update with City Council (Oct. 2022)
- City Council and Kraus-Anderson Development signing a purchase agreement (Fall 2022)